Monday, December 28, 2009

Dizzy With Delight

There is nothing more exciting than having the next book come out in a series you have been following for years. It's like Christmas, your birthday, and the prom all mixed into one. Here are a few books I'm dying to get my hands on!

A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner - I have been waiting to find out what happens next in this fabulous series for a very long time. I might lose it if this book doesn't wrap everything up this time. I can't wait another two years for the next one.

Bartimaeus Trilogy #4 by Jonathan Stroud - There is no title listed for this one yet. I really thought number three was going to be the end of this series so it is a nice surprise to realize there will be more. I can't imagine what will come next. I'm dying to find out!

Sammy Keyes and the Wedding Crashers by Wendelin Van Draanen - What mess will Sammy get herself into this time? Will she receive her first kiss? Can't wait to find out.

Moon and Sun Book #3 by Holly Lisle - If her life is anything like mine these days it will probably be a while before she finishes this book, but I'm patiently waiting for that time to come. Hopefully soon.

Black Heart of Jamaica by Julia Golding - I really didn't expect to like the Cat Royal series as much as I do. A couple librarian's that work with me love the series and got me started on it. It drives me crazy that people in the UK have already read it and I have to wait. So rude!


Firecat's Dream by Isobelle Carmody - Read the first two books in the series and loved them. It has been almost two years and still no sign of the third book. *sigh*

As an author myself, I really do understand that these things take lots of time, especially if you have--oh say--a life? But it's so hard to wait all the same.

2 comments:

Raspberry said...

Ah. I have a few like that. I love every Skulduggery that comes out, although I'm usually ok with waiting. I love the Ranger's Apprentice series, the Theodosia Throckmorton series. I raelly liked Tunnels, but didn't get a chance to read Deeper yet, so....anyways. :)

trackgeek said...

A 4th Bartimeaus? I would have to say that I am also surprised. That makes me really curious what Stroud will do in a fourth book.

.

.


Total Pageviews

counter