Monday, June 15, 2009

It's a Girl

Remember that tadpole I wrote about a while back? I haven't said much about the frog it became because it's been on a hunger strike and I wasn't sure it was going to make it. I've been force feeding the the poor thing for weeks because it refused to eat on it's own. So imagine my surprise when I went to feed the frog last night and it had eaten every last mealworm in the tank all on its own. Not only that, but it has now grown enough for me to see that the frog I've been calling "he" is very likely a GIRL frog. Since it is the boy frogs who make all the noise in the middle of the night, I find this a pleasant surprise. All the kids at the library have been asking about the frog and I've been terrified of what would happen if it up and died on me. All's well that ends well.

2 comments:

Lepi said...

YEAH! I'm glad it worked out! I know how upsetting it was for you. But now you can show the little beauty off! (By the way, this is Rachel the clerk)

Pemblemily said...

So, does that mean you'll have to change "his" name?

.

.


Total Pageviews

counter