Sunday, September 26, 2010

The London Eye





























So the first thing I did when I arrived in London was to go and ride the London Eye--one of the largest Ferris Wheels in the world. I had read the book The London Eye Mystery (great book, by the way) and knew I had to take a spin on this amazing structure that had been such a big part of that story.



















If you look at the complete picture of the London Eye, you will see that it is taller than the sky scraper right next door to it. It is HUGE. Much bigger than this picture makes it seem since I was taking the picture from a bridge on the far side of the river. It takes almost an hour to ride all the way around. The other pictures at the top of this post are what the giant pods look like while riding inside them.

1 comment:

Ki-o-TEE said...

I didn't go on this when I went, but it sure looks like you had fun!

.

.


Total Pageviews

counter